Saturday, December 20, 2008

#5 And Some More Delicious Cookies.

Good Saturday everyone! Hope you are enjoying the start of your weekend. I am excited because I am on Christmas break. 2 whole weeks off! We did have plans to go snowboarding today, but where we go is under a blizzard watch...so we will hopefully go next weekend.

For those of you who like quiche, these are perfect for you. They are mini and are quite easy to make. The crescent dough on the bottom really makes this appetizer a whole lot easier. They are perfect for breakfast too.


Mini Sausage Quiches

Ingredients:
1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
2 tablespoons minced chives
1 tube (8 ounces) Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Paprika

DIRECTIONS:
In a large skillet, brown sausage and onion over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chives. On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Cut into 48 pieces. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Fill each with about 1 teaspoon of sausage mixture. In a large bowl, combine the eggs and cheeses. Spoon 1 teaspoonful over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
-----------------------------------------------------
A quick and delicious cookie for that holiday plate...I love the chocolate sprinkles!


Super Duper Chocolate Kisses

1 (16 1/2 ounce) refrigerated choc. chip cookie dough

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

2/3 cup chocolate-flavor sprinkles

2 tablespoons milk

40 dark chocolate kisses, unwrapped

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet well; set aside. In a bowl combine cookie dough and cocoa poweder. Mix until well blended. Place chocolate sprinkles in a shallow dish or small bowl. Place milk in another shallow dish or small bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Dip balls in milk to moisten, then roll balls in chocolate sprinkles to coat. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet(s). Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are firm. Wait 2 min. before pressing kisses in cookies. Transfer to wire racks to cool. --------------------------------------------------------
These mice are so cute and people will love the way they look!



Peanut Butter Christmas Mice

Ingredients:
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup peanut halves
2 tablespoons green and red M&M's miniature baking bits
4 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Cake decorator holly leaf and berry candies
60 to 66 pieces red shoestring licorice (2 inches each)

DIRECTIONS:

In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. (Dough will be soft). Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Pinch each ball at one end to taper. Insert two peanut halves in center of each ball for ears. Add one M&M baking bit for nose and two chocolate chips for eyes. Arrange holly and berry candies in front of one ear. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Gently insert one licorice piece into each warm cookie for tail. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 5 dozen.

I love Christmas decorations, the lights are by far my favorite.
Have a great weekend and see you with #4 next!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Those mice are super cute! My Christmas Break just started today too!

Barbara Bakes said...

My boys would like these for breakfast. I love the mice! Have a great Christmas break!

Stephanie said...

Yum, mini quiches! I like the idea of using crescent dough for the crust. And both cookie recipes look so fun!

Jade said...

Oh my goodness! Those super duper chocolate kisses look dangerous lol. The mice are SO cute!

Neesie said...

Have fun on your break!

Go catch some snow....;-)

Emily said...

Ooohh! I was put in charge of breakfast Chrismas morning and those mini quiches will definitely be on the menu!! =] Yumm!

Have tons of fun on your break! I know I will..I'm out for a MONTH!! =] Hope you and your family have a very safe Christmas!

Susan said...

I love your idea with the store bought cookie dough- They look so yummy- they would be a hit in my house- the more chocolate the better!
have a fun break....

Oh and the mice are adorable too...

Cristine said...

Okay, those mice are WAY TOO ADORABLE!!!!! Anya would love those!

The chocolate cookies look divine and I love mini quiche! You never cease to amaze me, Priscilla!

Annie said...

Those mice are so cute! And I am jealous about the snow - summer is here and it will be 6 months before I can get the snowboard out :(

Sara said...

The quiches look delicious, I saw some mini fritattas on Everyday Italian one day, but haven't tried them yet. The cookies are adorable, the mice are so creative!

Pam said...

The quiche look wonderful. Both cookies also look tasty but my kids would be thrilled with the mice.

Jessica said...

I must make those mice with my students when we get back to school...they'll love it!

Allie said...

The mice cookies are the cutest! I like the idea of doing mini qyiches too for a large crowd.

J.L. Danger said...

those quiches made me hungry! I am going to make the chocolate cookie for my mom. The more chocolate, the better!

Rebekah said...

those quiches look delicious! And I love the sprinkles on the kiss cookies...I am about to make some normal kiss cookies tonight.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I've decided I'm coming to your house for Christmas and I don't care how cold it is. The quiches are wonderful as are the special chocolate kiss cookies. Merry Christmas Priscilla! I like the second family picture.

teresa said...

You make cutest cookies!! The quiches look fantastic too!

Anonymous said...

Those Christmas mice are so sweet :). I like how you made their faces!