Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Brownies W/Caramels, Coconut, & Chocolate.


Good Wednesday Earth Day (note: not an environmentalist) everyone! Hope you are having a good week so far. I have been really enjoying sunny spring weather. I have waited a long time to be able to not wear a jacket!

There aren't words for these brownies. They are chewy, moist, stomach-pleasing, and eye-catching. I have been seeing other bakers making homemade Somaos all over the internet. I thought why not make a brownie Somaos? I am so glad I thought of making these. They are now my favorite brownies I have ever made and they make for amazing pictures. I also got thumbs up from my brother.
Brownie Somoas
Ingredients:
1 brownie mix
3 1/2 cups shredded coconut, toasted
(2) 14 oz. package of caramels, unwrapped
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. milk
3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
DIRECTIONS:
Prepare brownie mix according to box directions. Cool. Place the caramels, salt, and milk in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 3-5 minutes. Stop occasionaly to stir. Cook until all caramels are melted and smooth. Add coconut and mix together. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate 4-5 hours or overnight. Cut into bars and drizzle with melted semi-sweet chocolate.



____________


I bet most of us have little sisters. Anna is 5 years younger than me. Anna loves to laugh at my jokes. I know if I make a joke she will usually laugh, while my siblings usually pass looks that say that was dumb. She says some pretty funny things. She is full of energy. Which is good, because in this family no one is quiet. While my brothers usually say nothing about my baking but keep eating it, Anna is the first to tell me what I made was good. And last year she let me cut her hair for the first time ever in her life. It was also my first time ever cutting hair. That took some courage. She usually does let me do things like to her. Amazing - right?


Enjoy your Wednesday, and I will have a non-dessert recipe next! Got a busy afternoon/evening ahead of me!


Photobucket

31 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi Priscilla! That looks fabulous! I will have to try that soon! I love coconut and I love brownies and I love caramel...perfect combo! =;)

Thanks for being so inventive and creative with your baking!

Blessings in Christ!
~Rachel~

Barbara Bakes said...

This is such a great idea! I love Samoas.

Maria said...

I love brownies, love how you jazzed them up!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Our whole house loves samoas so I am sure we would love these. Great pictures of your sister.

Leslie M. said...

Oh WOW these look so amazing!! Priscilla, you are the BOMB!!! I wish you lived close by, I would be in your kitchen all the time making a pest of myself and making my butt wider than it already is!!!
YUM!
I'm hungry and wanting brownies for BREAKFAST!!!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

Hi Priscilla! I wanted to let you know that I made some yummy ice cream sandwiches with you brownie cookies! They were so good! Thanks you for that recipe, it's fabulous! =:D here is the link to my post I did on the tutorial for making them if you want to check it out. http://younghomemakers.blogspot.com/2009/04/brownie-sunday-ice-cream-sandwiches.html

Blessings!
~Rachel~

http://younghomemakers.blogspot.com/

Allie said...

Perfect combo on the brownies! They look amazing!!

Cara said...

Yum!! I love Samoas and brownies..these look awesome! And they're pretty!

The Purple Carrot said...

Oh, Priscilla, those look FABULOUS!!

Great pictures of your sister, too! You're a wonderful photographer!

Zita said...

What a great way to celebrate earth day...with brownies, and you are so lucky to have a sister who loves you very much :)

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

This like being in caramel and brownie heaven at the same time! Love the pictures of your Sis!

Elyse said...

Priscilla, these brownies look incredible!! I'm loving that layer of caramel on top. Mmm, I may have to go add some caramel to the brownies I have sitting in my kitchen :)

Jodi said...

These look delicious, Priscilla! Now go hug a tree! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! I love all of the flavor combinations going on with those brownies!

Pam said...

Now those are my kind of brownies - they look incredible!

kIaNa said...

Yum! Those look awesome!!!!!!
Mom says I have 2 make them 4 her birthday:-)

Erica said...

I love how thick the top layer of those brownies look! What an awesome creation! Girl scout time year round ;)

elle said...

I love samoas! And yours look absolutely marvelous! Great job!

Meghan said...

These brownies look awesome!!! I know I would LOVE this recipe! Your pics are amazing too - the brownies are cut so perfectly - not a crumb out of place!!! :)

randi said...

These look so good! It isn't fair to post things like this unless you are sharing and offering milk. ;)

Cristine said...

YUM!!! Can't wait to try these!

auntlynda said...

You weren't kidding were you? These look wonderful. I can't wait to try them, although I live alone and a whole pan of these is very, very dangerous.....

Rebekah said...

I love samoas, so I'm sure I'll love these! yummy!

Julia said...

Is that you or your sister...I love the pics!!!!!

julia said...

Or is that Anna the girl that you wrote about???

Julia said...

Those brownies look reaaaallllyyy good!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Foodgawker and just spent the last thirty minutes looking through past posts! I enjoy your blog and appreciate your creativity! God bless & congratulations on your graduation! -Emily in Kansas

Manuela said...

Those brownies looks amazing! Has everything I love! You are such a good sister!
~From a reader in Seoul

Jessica said...

I just made brownies last night!

test it comm said...

Brownies with coconut and caramel sound so good! They look great!

Dazy said...

Delicious looking and delicious tasting and quite simple to make! I've tried this before with other variations. These were pure delight and I'm sure to make them again.