Saturday, September 20, 2008

Muffins, awards, and a surprise!

A yummy breakfast food. Found these off the internet this morning, and knew I had to make them. They are topped with a delicious cinnamon sugar - yummy. While they were good, I think they were too bready. Next time I make them, I am going to make them more moist.
But, if you noticed - there isn't a recipe name.
So, I need your help! Tell me what you think they should be named, and whoever has the best recipe name suggestion wins a prize! Deadline is Monday at 12 midnight.



12 oz. (24 Tbs.) unsalted butter, warmed to room temperature
1-3/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 lb. 11 oz. (6 cups) all-purpose flour
1 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1-3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1-2/3 cups milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
For dipping:

8 oz. (16 Tbs.) unsalted butter; more as needed
2 cups sugar
2 Tbs. ground cinnamon
DIRECTIONS:
Put a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F. In a stand mixer or a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until just mixed in. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Combine the milk and buttermilk. With a wooden spoon, mix a quarter of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Then mix in a third of the milk mixture. Continue mixing in the remaining dry and wet ingredients alternately, ending with the dry. Mix until well combined and smooth, but don't overmix. Grease and flour a standard-size muffin tin. Scoop enough batter into each tin so that the top of the batter is even with the rim of the cup, about 1/2 cup. (A #16 ice-cream scoop gives you the perfect amount.) Bake the muffins until firm to the touch, 20 to 25 min.
To finish:
Melt the butter for the dipping mixture. Combine the sugar and cinnamon. When the muffins are just cool enough to handle, remove them from the tin, dip them into or brush them all over with the melted butter, and then roll them in the cinnamon sugar. Okay, now onto some awards! Susan over at Food.Baby gave me this brillante weblog award, thanks Susan!
Barbara over at Barbara Bakes gave me this award, thank you so much Barbara! I am going to pass it on to:
  1. Bridgett over at La Bella Cook
  2. Cristine over at Cristine Cooks
  3. Candy over at The Courageous Cook

21 comments:

Jaime said...

thanks for the award! those remind me of the snickerdoodle muffins that peabody made (i also made them on my blog too) :)

Cristine said...

Thanks so much!!!

I have a similar muffin recipe that my husband has named "Cinnamon-Sugar Tasties". :) That would describe these, too!!!

Lucy..♥ said...

They look so good & yummy... I'll get back w/a suggestion soon ;-)

Kellie H said...

cinnamon sugar toadstools!!! That's what they look like & oh boy I must have them. I love cinnamon !!!!!!!
seriously...{Cinnamon- Sugared topped good morning muffin)

Brooke said...

Cinnamon Muffin Tops or

Cinnamon Mushrooms...yeah, I know, confusing but they look like little mushrooms.

RecipeGirl said...

Hmmm. Someone already mentioned this, but they do look like Snickerdoodle Muffins. Or perhaps they could be Cinnamon Roll Muffins (since they're rolled in cinnamon sugar!)

Rebekah said...

these look delicious! I am no good with names, so I don't have any suggestions for you other than yummy breakfast muffins :)

Jenny said...

Your muffins look really terrific. What about Warm Churro Style Muffins for the title?

Lucy..♥ said...

OK.. I'm back, here goes....

"Cinnamon Rolly Polly Muffins"

Megan said...

I would call them *Sugar Babies* or *Cinnamon Sugar Babies*! They look delightful.

Oiyi said...

Cinnamon Sparkles or Cinnamon Puffs

OhioMom said...

Looks delish!

Pam said...

I was thinking snickerdoodle muffins too. They look absolutley delicious!

By the way, I am so glad you liked the baked chimichangas!

Maria said...

Cinna-YUM muffins!
They look good!! Whatever the name is:)

La Bella Cooks said...

How kind of you! Thanks so much for the award, I appreciate it. Yummy, I love those muffins...I bet they didn't last long. :)

Snooky doodle said...

Hi
I just discoved your blog. You ve got really nice photos and interesting recipes. Seems there are quite enough people in your family who can enjoy your delicious treats. I always end up with leftover cakes since i bake alot :-)
Regarding the muffins these look yummy and i m crazy about cinnamon especially for morning breakfast.

I would call these cinnamon mushroom muffins. Since they look like mushrooms :-)

Neesie said...

"Cinnamon Delight!"

They look so yummy. I LOVE cinnamon. :-)

Ron Merlin said...

Snicker Muffins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How about "Priscinnamon Muffins" or "Snickerdoodle Muffins"??? If you're interested, check out dianasdesserts.com...not only does she have some great baked goods (with beautiful photos), but also a recipe which is very similar to this one. They're called "Sweet French Morning Muffins". I tried them and they were pretty tasty. I'd love to try yours since they buttermilk in them. Kudos for making donuts and eclairs..I'm 43 and still haven't gone there yet! Have you seen the recipe for the Giant Eclair??

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the award! These look delicious! Perfect for breakfast.

Katrina said...

Yum! Missed the prize--again! But the muffins looks great!