Friday, May 1, 2009

Sugar Cookie Mix Banana Bread.

Happy Friday everyone! It is a beautiful summer day and I am looking forward to heading out with my family for dinner and to the theater. So this is going to be a quick post.

We had some very ripe bananas on the counter that needed to be used up so I took my banana recipe and tweaked it. Instead of adding a chocolate cake mix I added a sugar cookie mix and some milk. Yum, the sugar cookie mix adds a wonderful flavor. This makes lots of batter so I would suggest not pouring it all into the 13x9 inch pan. Maybe make some cupcakes with the rest. I made the mistake of using all the batter in the pan and it takes forever to bake and turns overcooked slighty.


Sugar Cookie Mix Banana Bread
Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. vanilla
3 medium bananas, ripe and smashed
5 tbsp. sour cream
1 (17.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 in pan (and a muffin pan). Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt together and add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla, bananas, sour cream, and cookie mix. Mix very well. Pour into greased baking pan and muffin tin. Bake for 45 minutes or until ready.


__________
Graduation party date has been set. Invitations have been mailed. Decorations, food, and all the fun stuff is coming now. Choices.

This is the picture we used for the invitations....maybe it is just me but I do not really care for this picture of myself. But since the world doesn't revolve around me (what?!) I didn't say anything. And knowing myself, I always critque pictures of people way too much...so ignore me.


Enjoy a beautiful weekend! Busy weekend ahead, picture time for us 6 kids and my Senior Pics tomorrow! See you with some more yummy food soon!


Photobucket

22 comments:

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Great idea! I happen to think you look very cute in the picture:)

Nikki said...

I agree! I thought it was a very good picture of you!
That recipe looks very yummy!!

Meg said...

I would have never thought to have used sugar cookie mix. It looks so yummy!

Heidi said...

Priscilla- What a great picture and a yummy looking bread. I would have never thought to use a sugar cookie mix in this way. Very creative :)

Unknown said...

I like the picture! And what a fun recipe. I'll have to give it a try. We always have too many bananas and this sounds so easy!

Unknown said...

ooooo mama! this looks absolutely FABOO! i'm going to gain weight like an elephant now, and i'll make sure credit goes where creidt is due. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ooh..Xmen. I want to see that!

Shannon said...

Is there a particular brand of cookie mix you recommend. This looks yummy!

Cristine said...

Priscilla, I love how creative and inventive you are. Sugar cookies and banana bread? YUM!

And I LOVE the picture! Have a great party!

American Homemaker said...

I love making things using mixes :)

priscilla joy said...

Hi Shannon,
I'd recommend usinig "Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix". I get mine at Wal-Mart in pouches which are 17.5 oz. Hope that helps!

Thanks everyone else for your kind comments....love hearing from you guys!

kIaNa said...

I think that's a great arpic:-)

Maria said...

Interesting to use a mix!

Manuela said...

Priscilla, thank you for your lovely comment. I think there should be more girls like you out there. This banana bread looks amazing. And the picture of you 3 is precious ~ you look lovely. It's a great invitation photo!
God Bless.

Erica said...

Aw! I think the pic of you is super cute! Your hair looks so shiny and healthy! You are all adorable!

Banana + sugar cookie mix? That sounds AWESOME to me! A little crisp on top is fabulous so I'm all for a little overcooked!

Sara said...

I would have never thought to use sugar cookie mix to make banana bread! But since I love sugar cookies, I will definitely try it.

Jessica said...

You know I love sugar cookies AND banana bread!!!!

Pam said...

Great recipe - and I think it's a cute picture of you.

Elizabeth J. said...

Hey there! I'm new to your blog but already you have my mouth watering!=^)

Allie said...

I love how creative and daring you are to add sugar cookie mix to something no one thinks of! Sounds yummy!!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Great photo Priscilla! I love the combination in this recipe!

Dazy said...

This is not new one for me! Looks really yummy too..gearing up with recipes for the cold winter days
hopefully ahead!