Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Best Cookie Ever & An Award!

Well, second best. First would be the good ol' chocolate chip cookie. This comes in second. My Mom found this recipe on the back of the Nestle white chocolate chip bag, and they were "so" good. Cookies are one of my favorite things to bake, they are so easy and who doesn't like a good cookie?? Next time I am bringing a dessert somewhere, these are on the list. I gurantee you will love them.

"White Chip Island Cookies"

1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

3/4 cup (1 -1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 large egg

2 cups white chips

1 cup flaked coconut

3/4 cup macadamia or walnuts, chopped (I used macadamia nuts)

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine flour, baking poweder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels, coconut, and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Now for the award. Jenny over at Picky Palate gave me the smile award. I was quite surprised, I love getting awards! I won't be passing this on to anyone but thanks again Jenny!

Yup, me. And no. I don't really eat "baseballs"!


My postings will be getting less frequent as I am getting ready for a 10 day trip to California next week. But until then, I'll be back with more goodies.

14 comments:

Brooke said...

I've been wondering when I new post would appear. Looks yummy. Enjoy Cali and travel safe.

Neesie said...

As always...looking good!
Have fun on your trip to Cali!
You and your recipes will be missed. :-)

Jaime said...

i love this type of cookie- very similar to one from mrs. field's cookies :) if you like white chocolate, you should try the cranberry white chocolate chip oatmeal cookies in my blog

Barbara Bakes said...

I've been looking for a good white chocolate chip cookie recipe. Thanks! Have fun in CA.

OhioMom said...

Have fun on your trip .. take pics to share with us.

Great cookies ... :)

Theresa said...

This is a great change up from the good 'ol chocolate chip cookie. Hurry back!! I don't know if I can wait that long! Have a great trip.

Katrina said...

Too yummy looking! Have a great trip to CA. I'm jealous. (I live in Kansas, a trip to anywhere would be fun! ;)

priscilla joy said...

thanks everyone for the well wishes, i will be taking lots of pictures!!

Tiina said...

Your cookies look very nice! And I hope you'll have a great trip to California!

Jessica said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip to California!!!!!! Cookies are my favorite thing to bake as well...and these are probably a close second in after chocolate chip in my book as well!

Lucy..♥ said...

As always you baking brings a smile ;-)....

And.... have a grand time on vacation!!!!!

Oiyi said...

These cookies look fantastic.

Rebekah said...

yummy! I love coconut, so I'll have to try these :)

Rosie said...

These are mouth drooling cookies!! They look brilliant and so scrummy :)

Rosie x