Friday, August 8, 2008

Sayonara California!

I'm back. I got back at 1 a.m. today. We spent the days with friends, family, eating, at the beach, an amusement park, and a water park. The time flew by "way" too fast, the weather was simply gorgeous, and I had a blast. But as all vacations come to a end, mine had to too. I was born in Whittier, California and got to see where I was born. Neat.
Now, back to baking. Before I left, like all "good" sisters do (right bros)??, I made the boys around 5 dozen cookies before I left. I made the white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies and then the good ol' chocolate chip cookies. From what I could tell, they liked them.:)


With our friends the Millers: L to R: Anna, Julie, Lisa, Me, and Joss. (Anna and Lisa are my sisters.)
My favorite ride at a water park ever. We went to Raging Waters in San Dimas, CA. And no, I'm not crazy, and yes - it was a blast.
I want to thank everyone for all the comments I got while I was gone, I will be getting back to everyone! Have a great week!

12 comments:

Jessica said...

It looks like you had a great time. Of course, any place with sand always seems to lend itself to a good time!!! I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve in the kitchen now that you are back. I just went and delivered a batch of cookies this afternoon like any good granddaughter! You are a great sister, I'm sure the boys didn't leave any cookies to be had by the time you got home!

OhioMom said...

Welcome Home! Love the "footprints in the sand" :)

Lucy said...

A "Welcome Home!!" from me too! ;-) So glad to hear you had a great time and my favorite places have sand & water too ;-)

Bridget said...

The cookies look so good and the waterslide.....WAY too scary! :)

Beth said...

What a fun trip you had! I love the footprints picture the best. :)

Kellie H said...

oh I haven't been to Raging Waters since 6th grade!!!!! I used to live in T.O.
Chocolate cookies & milk are so comforting aren't they?

Shreya said...

hi, really nice blog.. great cookies, and cool pics!

~Priscilla~ said...

Jessica - i had a *great* time! the beach is so great. nope, the boys didn't leave any cookies behind!! but that's a good thing.:)

OhioMom - thank you! i like that pic a lot too.

Lucy - thank you for the welcome home too! i know, the beach is great.

Bridget - i thought the same thing about the waterslide before i got on, but after going i was hooked.

Beth - yup, it was so fun, footprint pictures are some of my favorites.

Kellie - this was my first time being to raging waters, and i really can't wait to go again. yes! cookies and milk are the best.

Shreya - thanks for stopping by! and thanks for the compliment!

Theresa said...

Welcome back!! Looks like you had a great time.

giz said...

What a good sister!!! Holidays are fun aren't they. It just sucks to have to come back to reality.

Alisha said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

Rebekah said...

fun fun! It looks like you had a wonderful trip!