Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chicken a la King And Summer.

Good Wednesday everyone! It is hard to believe the weekend is almost here again, no complaints though. I love weekends. This Sunday at my church there is a "Chili Contest" taking place. I signed up to be one of the judges...there are about 20 different chilies to taste and some people like to make their chili really hot. I hope I don't cry because my mouth is terribly on fire! I am looking forward to being a judge though, sounds exciting.

Onto some non-hot food. This is a perfect meal for dinner. It is easy and takes less than 45 minutes to make. Try throwing some corn or some other veggies in to make it even better for you. Make sure to eat it with a biscuit - makes it taste much better.


Chicken a la King
Ingredients:
1 tube (6 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
1 cup milk
2 cups cubed cooked turkey
1 cup sliced cooked carrots
1 cup cut fresh green beans
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
DIRECTIONS:
Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the turkey, carrots, green beans, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 5 servings.


-------------------
Summer. My favorite season of the year. Summer means swimming, BBQ's, amusement parks, water parks, long evenings, outside events, fairs, and can't forget mosquito bites. I love not being able to sleep in the middle of the night 'cause you are itching from their bites. Not. But, I love summer and mosquito bites are part of summer.




Have a great rest of a week and I'll see you with a great Friday giveaway next!

17 comments:

Shelby said...

This looks really delicious Priscilla! I wish I had someone else around my house to help me cook sometimes!! You have a very lucky mom!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm this looks so creamy and delicious!

Maria said...

I can't wait for summer, it better hurry up!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE spicy SPICY and hot chili!!! I'd love to have a great recipe for that!!!!!!!!

Allie said...

Sounds like so much fun I've never been a judge but always wanted to. You're gonna get the best of the best take full advantage of the experience!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I am so anxious for summer and getting back to my garden and outdoor cooking! Have a great rest of the week too Priscilla!

Leslie M. said...

Ahhhh, I'm a vegetarian now, BUT as a little girl, my precious mom, used to make Chicke A la King and serve it on Toast triangles, and even though I did NOT love meat (even back then) I remember that I DID love this! This brings back Precious Memories not only of my mom but of her in the kitchen and she was so proud of that dish!
Thanks for sharing, it warmed my heart!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Pam said...

Mmm. Chicken a la King was one of my favorites growing up. Looks delicious Priscilla.

Meg said...

Yeah! What a great comfort meal!

Rebekah said...

yummy! I can't wait till summer

teresa said...

Oh, this makes me so excited for summer! The dish looks heavenly!

Spryte said...

That looks yummy!

Remember daisy will put of the fire of chili peppers! smuggle in a can of whipped cream for quick shots after flamy chili!

Anonymous said...

Mmm mm good!

Unknown said...

The Chicken A La Hing looks great! Can I go judge chili with you? :) Sounds like you will have fun...as long as you have a glass of water handy.

Anonymous said...

you have a great blog! Wow! 118 followers! Anyway, that looks really delicious! I love cooking, but I need to find more adventurous recipies.

http://livingforhim2.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

This looks like great comfort food!

Colleen said...

Mmm, this is total comfort food. And look at you with all your giveaways! Congrats!