Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Finally, Some Food Recipes.

Good Wednesday evening everyone! Sorry to be gone for so long with no recipe posts. I was having loads of fun celebrating my 1 year blogiversary with you guys. And, believe it or not...it isn't over yet. Which means more prizes for my blog readers. But until then, here are 3 recipes to make up for my lack of non-food posts.

BBQ Chicken Salad, the name alone sounds good. And it is delicious. Beyond a yummy recipe. Pair it with the Cheddar Muffins and you've got yourself a winning meal. I love the kidney beans and corn mixed in the salad. The brownies are a must to make. They are thick, chewey, and moist. Who knew Chocolate Graham Crackers would taste good in brownies?
BBQ Ranch Salad
Ingredients:
1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 small tomato, chopped
1/3 cup canned corn
2 tablespoons chopped red onion (optional)
1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
1-1/2 cups torn romaine
DIRECTIONS:
In a small bowl, combine the chicken, kidney beans, tomato, corn and onion. Combine ranch dressing and barbecue sauce; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Divide romaine between two salad plates; top with salad. Yield: 2 servings.



Ham & Cheese Muffins
2 eggs
3 cups Bisquick mix
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped ham, sandwich meat
DIRECTIONS:
Heat oven to 400°F. Spray bottoms and sides of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. (Spray will work better than greasing or using paper muffin liners.) Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl with fork. Stir in Bisquick mix, milk and oil just until moistened. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese and the ham. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese evenly over tops of muffins. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm. Wrap and refrigerate any remaining muffins.
------------------ Coffee Chocolate Graham Cracker Brownies
Ingredients:
16 chocolate graham crackers
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tbsp. instant coffee granules
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips or chunks
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Lightly grease an 8x8 inch pan. Crush the graham crackers finely. Pour into a bowl and add cocoa and salt. Mix well with a wooden spoon and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. beat with an elextric mixer at high speed until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the coffee granules and vanilla. Fold in chips/chunks and the graham cracker crumb mixture. Pour batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Make sure to not overbake. Let cool completely in the pan and frost with Ganache.

---------------

Ganache
Ingredients:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS:
Microwave cream until bubbly and very hot. Fold in chips. Stir until thickened and smooth. Spread over brownies. Let harden and cut into squares.



----------------
We got to go snowboarding in 50 some degree weather. That is exceptional. Usually the temperature is around 20 some to 30 degrees. I survived without any crashes. But, I now have a big fear of crashing while snowboarding, crashing into Steven was a pretty scary incident. The good thing that came out of that is that I am now a more cautious snowboarder. Yes, you could have called me a wreckless snowboarder. Doesn't sound very good.



See you next with a giveaway you're gonna love!

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm...The brownies look incredible! I will definitely have to try them.

Jodi said...

Thanks for the recipes, Priscilla. Those muffins would even make a nice "to-go" breakfast.

Rachelle S said...

Gotta try those brownies! The salad sounds delish too!

Pam said...

Every recipe looks wonderful - it's a perfect meal.

Donna-FFW said...

Oh my dear lord.. do those brownies ever look good. Even the biscuits and the chicken BBQ salad. I would love to eat it all!! I lOVE your blog.. just stumbled upon it!!

Sara said...

Everything looks amazing, especially those muffins and brownies! I love the idea of graham cracker brownies.

Stephanie said...

Holy cow, that all looks so delicious! I'm so glad that I've got dinner in the oven, because I'm super hungry now!

Meg said...

What an awesome salad. Paired with that muffin...I bet it is out of this world.

Now the brownies with coffee and graham crackers = pure heaven!

Anonymous said...

The brownies are like a great death by chocolate! Oh man, they look good.

Susan said...

MMMMMMMMMM...
The chicken salad looks great...but when I got to the bottom and saw those graham cracker brownies I knew I have to try this recipe- especially love the ganache on top!

Cara said...

okay, now these are ALL things I have to have! I just ate dinner and these made me hungry again--those brownies look AWESOME!

Spryte said...

Those muffins look great!

Jessica said...

Chocolate and coffee and graham crackers oh my! These combine all of my weaknesses!

teresa said...

Oh YUM! I wouldn't even know which one to try first...they all look amazing!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

This is some great looking food. Thanks for thinking of me and passing on the awards!

sarah said...

WOW those brownies look amazing!! The salad looks great too!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Wow they all sound amazing, but I have to try the muffins and the brownies and I hope I don'tmiss your next giveaway!

Love the snoboarding pictures - stay safe!

Tina Butler said...

That salad sound so differnt and those ham and cheese muffins look to die for. I am going to have to try and make those. Great snowboarding pics.

Unknown said...

The salad looks great and sounds pretty easy to handle making! The brownies....OH MY!!!!!! They look like something I better NEVER try to make...for no one else in my family would get to try them...for I'd eat them ALL!!!!! They look superb!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

The salad looks great and sounds pretty easy to handle making! The brownies....OH MY!!!!!! They look like something I better NEVER try to make...for no one else in my family would get to try them...for I'd eat them ALL!!!!! They look superb!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Colleen said...

Ok, seriously? I need to make this whole post VERY soon! It all looks fantastic!

Leslie M. said...

Those brownies LOOK amazing!!! I love chocolate Anything!!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com

Jade said...

whoa those brownies look dangerous.... especially when you're craving chocolate....

Maria said...

You are killing me with those brownies!

Rebekah said...

Those breakfast muffins look so yummy! I'll have to make some for Jon as he loves all breakfast foods.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Those brownies look amazing!

Tyler said...

whoa, yum!!!!! those brownies look good! just found your blog and i am very impressed with all your cooking! your posts are making me hungry :)

test it comm said...

That salad looks good! And the brownies...mmm...