Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Tangy Tuna Sandwich & The Candy Winner.

Good Thursday morning everyone! Almost the weekend...yeah. We had been having balmy 40 degree weather but the past few days have been back to the freezing cold weather. Saturday it is supposed to be 50 degrees, I can hardly wait. I am glad to know that the majority days of those frigid temperatures are behind us once January passed.


Okay, onto the candy winner. I enjoyed reading each of your favorites...a lot of you guys like Skor bars and believe it or not I have never heard of those. So, am now on the look-out for them to try them. There are so many different kinds of good candies that is seriously sometimes hard to pick one (I also love Snickers).

Here is the winner:

Congrats Kellie! Please e-mail me at priscilla91@iowatelecom.net so I can get you your prize out to you!

What is your favorite candy? See here.

These bunwiches. Yum. Tuna on a crescent roll doesn't get any better. I am not a huge fan of tuna but dressed up with relish, ketchup, lemon juice, cheese, and more makes this taste delicious. The Crescent roll adds a whole new flavor to a tuna sandwich.


Tangy Tuna Bunwiches
Ingredients:
4 cans (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon relish
3/4 cup cheese, grated
1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
4 crescent buns, split
4 lettuce leaves
4 slices of cheese
DIRECTIONS:
In a bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon juice, relish, cheese, and Worcestershire sauce. Serve on buns with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
----------------------------
I'm sure you guys have heard me mention my friend Joss....Jocelyn is my friend that I have known for the longest time and we have much in common...my little sister says we agree too much on everything (not sure if that is possible). Anyway, Joss had to write a commercial for her speech class, and I wanted to share it with my readers - I love it.
"Lemonade Commercial"



See you soon with my Blogiversary Party - you won't want to miss it!

11 comments:

Maria said...

Congrats to the winner. Nice looking sandwich!!

Barbara Bakes said...

You're right, everything tastes better on a croissant.

Pam said...

The tuna sandwiches look great. I've never added ketchup to my tuna salad before.

Your frineds commercial is grea.

Meg said...

Great commercial and what a yummy sandwich!

Rebekah said...

I love Skor bars too (just like Heath bars...chocolate coated toffee).

Thanks for another tuna recipe. We make your tuna melts quite frequently around here :)

Anonymous said...

Joss did a great job. Lemon Bars are one of the best! This is the second time today that I've seen something about lemon bars...do you think someone's trying to tell me I should make some? haha

Jodi said...

Congrats to the winner!
I love tuna and this looks like a great way to prepare it!
Tell your friend "Good job!" on the commercial. I'd love to have a lemon bar right now! :)

Jade said...

Abusive brothers....what are we going to do with them??!! Lol I get teased about my shades too, but not because they're big but because I wear all the time. Rain or shine.

Jessica said...

Grammie and I always have tuna sandwiches for lunch--they are my favorite!!!

Spryte said...

I love tuna on a croissant!

teresa said...

Hey Priscilla, we had your delicious tuna for dinner tonight, it was a hit! Thanks for the great recipes!