Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chocolate Ice-Cream Sandwich Cookies And The Winner.

Agh, Thursday morning. Only two more days of school. And only two more days until the weekend. Did I say how much I love weekends? With this amazing warm spring like weather we have been having the weekends are starting to look even better. I don't mind that much saying good-bye to snow and -20 degree weather and welcoming Robins, flowers, and things that turn green.


----------------
So, who is the winner of those chic purses/totes? Picked by random.org, congrats to:

JuliAnn Johns
: My favorite is the very first one (black one with the leaves). AND I just subscribed to your blog. Thanks!
Please contact me at: priscilla91@iowatelecom.net to receive your prize!
----------------

I love ice-cream sandwiches. During the summer time that is pretty much all I want to eat. I love the Blue Bunny ones and the Mrs. Fields chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches. Mmm. This was my first time at making good tasting ice-cream sandwich cookies. We love these. The chocolate chip cookie is delicious by itself but eaten with the ice cream makes it all the better tasting. These should be chewy cookies, hard ice cream sandwiches are never fun.




Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
Ingredients:
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks)
1 pint vanilla ice cream
DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets, forming 8 cookies. Flatten slightly with a greased glass. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. To assemble sandwiches, place 1/4 cup ice cream on the bottom of half the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Freeze overnight. Yield: 4 ice cream sandwiches.


--------------------
Growing up in family with 5 brothers and sisters, I am plopped right in the middle. I have an older sister and brother and 2 younger brothers and a younger sister. My youngest brother is Joe. I always remember him being my little brother whom I could easily win when roughing together, having a head full of curls, not as tall as me, humoring everyone, and my little sister's best buddy. Joe is about 4 inches taller than me and would win in any roughing match now. It is kinda hard seeing my little brother grow up, I want him to stay young. But, I have fun with my brother in a new way now. And I enjoy it. I'll always remember him though as that little guy with that cute smile and head full of curls.


Have a great rest of a week and I'll see you next with another yummy recipe and you don't think I'm done with giveaways do you?!

27 comments:

CookingCourtney said...

those look soo good! I used to have loadsss of those when i was younger - i havnt had one for ages! I'll def be trying this recipe.

Barbara Bakes said...

I've never made my own ice cream sandwiches. My kids would love these!

Allie said...

These look fantastic! It's warming up to the 80's here so time to start working on cooler treats like these.

Jessica said...

I agree that hard ice cream sandwiches are not a good thing. Those look delicious, what a great idea!

Leslie M. said...

Congrats to the WINNER!!! And now I want ice cream for breakfast!!!! NOOOOOO!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Maria said...

Love the ice cream sandwiches!!

JacTpcMec said...

what a great idea, I have not thought to make ice cream sandwiches myself... have to give this a whirl.

Sophia Lee said...

hello? am I in heaven? I think I just died from looking at that delicious ice cream sandwiches. amazing!

cold cocoa said...

Yum- an ice cream sandwich with huge chunks! That looks great!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to JuliAnn Johns!!!!!! ALL of the prizes have been so incredible, but....I truly think this was the absolute best! All of the bags were so wonderfully pretty, the colors, the way it's made, the size, for multiple uses, etc. Thanks for sharing the website!!!!!!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Congrats to the winner and am I wrong to want ice cream sanwiches for breakfast?

Pam said...

Oh Priscilla, I could eat one of those for breakfast right now. They look great!

Jodi said...

Yummy recipe! It's great to hear that you get along so well with your siblings! :)

La Bella Cooks said...

These look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Ice cream sandwiches... yum! These look delicious.

teresa said...

Oh, bring on the summer, how delicious!

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look AMAZING!! I'll have to make them sometime soon!

Spryte said...

Wow!! Those look great!! They'd disappear quickly at my house!!

Unknown said...

I have never made Ice Cream sandwiches before...I am going to have to change that. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks AMAZING! I love cookies and ice-cream!

Jessica said...

Ice cream sandwiches are my favorite way to welcome summer on the summer solstice.

Sara said...

These look amazing, love all those chocolate chunks on top!

Anonymous said...

sure, go ahead! I added your blog to mine too!

Lauren Ann

Liz said...

Those cookies look AWESOME.

Aggie said...

I was about to post on how yummy the blueberry treat up above looked, but then caught a glimpse of these ice cream sandwiches. Oh!! I would love one of these!!

Jaime said...

yum! those ice cream sandwiches look so good!

Rebekah said...

wow, those choc cookies look so yummy!