Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chow Mein Chicken Salad.

Good Tuesday morning everyone! I can't believe this is the last week in February. I also can't believe it is going to be March. I am so glad to be leaving the frigid winter behind. Summer sounds so good these days....I can't wait to be swimming in a pool soon. More like a couple months. How I love summer!

I know I have been posting lots of chicken recipes lately and this recipe here so far, tops the others. This was literally gone in 30 minutes. I barely got any, but the bit I got was delicious. Everyone kept saying make this again, please! Without a doubt I will. I love the chow mein noodles in this salad along with the chicken. The dressing is pure yumminess.


Chow Mein Chicken Salad
Ingredients:
4 cups shredded lettuce
1 cup chow mein noodles
2/3 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
2 green onions, chopped
4 teaspoons sliced almonds, toasted
4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
VINAIGRETTE:
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
Directions: In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, chow mein noodles, chicken, onions, almonds and sesame seeds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.


---------------------
Most guys love dogs. Really love them. But, my brother Steven is different. He has never been a huge dog lover. He'd pet them and be friendly with them but he wasn't thrilled about dogs. He'd prefer to be doing outdoor activites. Until Lewis came along. He loves Lewis, we all do....but Steven loves him the most. Lew is always given lots of attention by him. I don't give Lew that much attention because I am usually aggrivated with him (seriously, he is so much work!). Still, we all adore this dog, like none other that we've had....but Steven and Lewis have a special bonding. And even though Lew is mine but likes Steven more, I don't mind. I love seeing how much my brother adores my dog.





Enjoy your Tuesday and I'll see you with an amazing giveaway next!

24 comments:

Meg said...

This salad is fantastic. I love it!

Lewis is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This looks very good! I can't wait to try it.

Anonymous said...

Lewis is adorable!!!!! I LOVE dogs! I have a Boston Terrier pup that is so demanding he just drains me!!! He's soooooo cute though!!!!!LOLOL

Anonymous said...

That's all right. I'd rather wait for a good tasting recipe. ;-D No sense in making something that's pretty but doesn't taste good!

Lewis is too cute! We have a choc. lab named Chloe. She was the runt so she's only about the size of a medium dog. And she's really weird {eats mulch,scoots on her belly, crosses her eyes}. We say she's autistic...

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Oh Lewis is soooo cute! I like your chicken salad. I've been looking for something different!

Spryte said...

That looks so good!! I think it will be a big hit at my house!

Rachel said...

Ooo! That looks so yummy! I will have to go get the ingredients for this and try it out right away! I don't typically go for this sort of food but it doesn't have any "weird stuff" in it so it looks like something my family would eat! =:) Thank you for sharing the recipe!

Blessings!
~Rachel~

Cara said...

Sounds so good--like something even my husband will eat! Do you think it'd be good with mandarin oranges?
And about the competition--you should definitely get involved in ProStart and you can be in one too! Do you have it at your school?

Maria said...

Great salad!! I like the crunch!

Jodi said...

The salad looks awesome! I'll have to try that.

I think Lewis is cute! And I love his name.

teresa said...

You're totally speaking my language with this salad, I've never tried the home made vinegarette though, that's my next step!

Pam said...

The salad looks tasty and Lewis is adorable.

Leslie M. said...

Your salad looks Delish, but I gotta admit, I am a a DOG LOVER! Ahhhhh Puppy!

I have been begging my hubby for a Dog for 25 long and lonely years!
My kitty passed away last year, she was 17.

Lewis is Beautiful!!! Life is BETTER with a DOG!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I am so making this!! I have made one with Ramen noodles too, but this looks much better!

Aggie said...

I would SO love this salad. It looks delicious and I love all the crunch and the vinaigrette.

Your pup is adorable!

Jessica said...

That salad looks super yummy! And your puppy is too cute!

Rebekah said...

THis looks so yummy! I can't wait to try it!

Rebekah said...

Lewis is getting so big! I don't know how anyone couldn't love him :)

this recipe looks delicious. I really love homemade dressings like this

Sara said...

I've had this salad before, it's so good!

Julie said...

definitely saving this recipe!!! wish I had the stuff to make it right now!!!

arielle said...

Aw your dog is SO cute..... I love dogs! hehe

CookingCourtney said...

Your dog is sooo adorable! And the chow mein chicken salad looks delicious!

Colleen said...

That salad looks AWESOME! And cute pictures of the pup!

Jessica said...

Wow, that salad looks 100% delicious, I can't wait to give it a try. Lewis is adorable. I grew up with a chocolate lab, he was a handful but we love him! Now he's 10 and he's mellowed out (except for chasing squirrels and cats, of course).