Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Classic Crunchy Choc. Chip Cookie W/Brownie Mix.


---------------
A big conrats to the winner of the purse picked by random.org:
A who said: I'm wearing a green shirt--no pinching for me!!!
Congrats A! Please contact me at priscilla91@iowatelecom.net so I can get your prize out to you!
--------------

Good Wednesday everyone! This week is flying by, I can't believe we are already halfway thru March! It seems like yesterday was March 1st. I recently learned how to play "Apples to Apples" (lame that I only learned recently) and I absolutely love that game! I like it when you get cards like when the red card is "frightening" and someone throws in a green card that says "Brad Pitt". I also love playing when you play only with the green cards, where you describe everyone with the adjectives. I've got some pretty mean cards that way. Lets say I'm glad it is all in fun! But why do brothers find great pleasure in giving their sisters cards that say things like insane, painful, or frightening? I am still trying to figure that out.


I took this recipe from the King Arthur Flour, Cookie Companion book and tweaked it. Yum, the addition of a brownie mix adds great flavor and a bit of a brownie like cookie. This recipe is one of my favorite ways to make Chocolate Chip cookies with the addition of vinegar and shortening. I also enjoy all the chocolate chips in this cookie, a whole 3 cups. I personally think the more chips the better.

Classic Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookie With Brownie Mix
Ingredients:
1/2 cup salted butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp. vanila extract
3/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp. white vinegar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 - 1/4 cup brownie mix, dry (staright from the box)
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, sugars, vanilla, salt, and vinegar. Beat in the eggs, then the baking soda and flour. Stir in the brownie mix and chips. Drop the dough by a small tablespoonful onto baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool.


-----------------

Little brothers. I've got 2 of them. They definitely keep my life exciting. They are opposites of each other but keep each other in tact. They are full of energy when it comes to sports. And yes, they are way better than me at the whole sports thing. Although that doesn't keep me from still trying to be okay in their books at it.





Have a fabulous rest of your week and I'll see you next with a tasty recipe!

25 comments:

Leslie M. said...

Congrats to the winner of that Gorgeous BAG!
Your chocolate Cookies looks soooo Good, I wish I had one right now!!!!
I should just pack it in and go to bed!!!!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Barbara Bakes said...

I love chocolate chocolate chip cookies. Yours look great!

MRMD_GRL said...

This cookie looks delish!!!

Contrats to the winner of such a great bag!

Sharon said...

I love your photos! Brownie cookies are right up my alley :)

Pam said...

I love that last picture - I also love these cookies. They look perfect.

The Purple Carrot said...

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! : )

Congrats to the winner!! Aaaaand, those cookies look SO SO good ... can I try one?? ; )

Unknown said...

The third picture of your brothers made me laugh. I see that face a lot around here. :) I have never made cookies from a brownie mix, but it sounds super easy. I am definitely going to try this one.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Congrats to the winner. I am going to try these cookies...the neighborhood is still cazy about the gooey butter cookies!

Jennifer said...

I can see how thsoe cookies would be a big hit. I tired the pancakes and will post about it. :)

CookingCourtney said...

yum those look TOO GOOD!

Emily said...

These look good. I've never heard of putting vinegar in cookies before!! And the 3 cups of chocolate chips - TO DIE FOR!!

The Oxford Family said...

These look delish!

Jodi said...

Looks like a delicious cookie! I haven't played Apples to Apples before either, but we did buy it for a niece for Christmas one year.

Anonymous said...

Wowzas, those look like the chocolatey-iest things we could eat right now. Ain't nothing wrong with that though! Your pics are great too.

Allie said...

Ah man I want one! I'm drinking a glass of milk right now and it's looking pretty sad now as I'm staring at your cookies!

Meghan said...

Chocolate chocolate chip cookies are my ultimate favorite cookie ever! Brownie mix is such a fantastic idea! I will definitely be trying these!!!

Rachel said...

Yum! Thank you for this great recipe! I just got this cookbook for my birthday! I love it! Thanks for the adapted recipe! I can't wait to try it! =:)

Blessings!
~Rachel~

Rebekah said...

these cookies look perfectly delicious!

MaryBeth said...

Your cookies are simply perfect....I love the ease of your recipe, my kind of baking!!

Tori said...

Those cookies look incredibly DELISH!!

We love Apples to Apples! So fun....

Anonymous said...

Those look Yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool pics too!!!

Meghann said...

Those cookies look out of the world good. :)

Neesie said...

Apples to Apples is one of the best games ever!!!

Rachel said...

Hi Priscilla! I just wanted to thank you again for this recipe! I was finally able to make it! Yippee! I am loving this recipe! I love the taste of the brownie in it and all the chocolate chips in it! Yum! It is so easy! I had great success with these and my family all loved them! So thanks for being so creative and testing it out! Brilliant! =:D

Blessings!
~Rachel~