Wednesday, March 11, 2009

French Toast Made With Vanilla, Cinnamon, And Milk.

Good Wednesday everyone! I hope you all have been having a good week so far. We have been having lots of rain this week and cloudy skies. Makes you want to take naps and watch movies all day. This Friday I am excited about seeing Race To Witch Mountain. I love Disney Films. What I am really excited about seeing is the Hannah Montana movie and 17 Again in April. 17 Again reminds me of Back To The Future, but maybe more comical. I haven't seen a good movie in the theater for a while. Heres to hoping I like these films.

French Toast. My favorite breakfast food ever. The addition of cinnamon, vanilla, and milk to the egg mixture adds flavor that you wouldn't believe. I can't imagine making French Toast without these extra flavorings. I like making extra French Toast egg mixture because whatever I have left I use to make eggs. Yum, they are tasty. I love this meal on Saturday mornings.


French Toast Dressed Up
Ingredients:
6 slices bread
8 eggs
1/2 cup milk
3 tbsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. cinnamon
Maple syrup
DIRECTIONS:
Mix eggs. Add milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Coat bread very well with egg mixture. Place in buttered pan. Cook on stove flipping once. Top the side of the bread you won't flip again with butter and cinnamon. Keep warm. Pour syrup over.
Whatever egg mixture I have left I like to use to make eggs with the French Toast.

--------------------

Enjoy your Wednesday and see you next with a giveaway!

24 comments:

The Purple Carrot said...

The additon of cinnamon and vanilla sounds great!! I just might have to make this on Saturday because it really does sound like a perfect Saturday breakfast : )

Leslie M. said...

I love French Toast!

I hate Pancakes! I was Traumatized as a kid by Pancakes. My mom would Slather 'em with butter, them pour on a quart of syrup and then give me a thimble of milk to wash them down with.

EWWWW

When I would gag and Beg for another thimble full of milk, my mom would say "sure, when you finish your pankcakes." ughhhh

To this day, I cannot stomach a pancake!

French toast I like! hahhaha
Leslie
LeslieVeG@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Cristine said...

I love french toast! Cinnamon and vanilla are a MUST! Brilliant idea to scramble the extra eggs... I always just dump it. Next time I am making some yummy cinnamon/vanilla scrambled eggs! :)

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ said...

Oh such a treat - can't wait to try it on the family this weekend! :) love your recipes!

Barbara Bakes said...

I like the idea of adding extra cinnamon after you've cooked the first side.

Jodi said...

This sounds like a great way to prepare French toast. I've always added vanilla, but have never tried adding cinnamon. I think French toast is probably my favorite breakfast food too!

Meghan said...

Hi Priscilla - Thanks for the comment on my blog! Unfortunately, I'm not a big Cubs fan because I'm originally from St. Louis (and therefore obliged to root for the Cardinals!), but my husband is from CHI and loves the Cubs! Great idea to "season" the egg mixture for french toast-will definitely try this the next time I make it!

Spryte said...

That's my favorite way to make French toast too! YUM!

skinnybovineskitchen said...

that is exactly how my husband makes french toast for us. how funny! he adds a pinch (or 5) of sugar too, though! :)

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Cute pictures and yummy French toast! I love Disney films too.

Unknown said...

Wow! I think I'll have to make this Saturday morning, it looks so yummy!

Jennifer said...

I am definetly making this tomorrow mnorning. Thursdays are our only lazy mornings during the week and I have everything except the syrup. I will use agave nectar instead and whole wheat toast. I will let you know how it goes.

Sara said...

LOVE french toast - and my husband does the same thing with cooking the egg mixture.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I hate to ask but, what the heck is that blob in front of the french toast?

Neesie said...

This is how we basically make our french toast too, and yes, it is delicious!!!!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

French toast is my favortie too. When can I come over for breakfast? = )

Pam said...

Looks great Priscilla - that's how I make mine too. Delicious!

Maria said...

I have a similar recipe. Love French Toast!

Colleen said...

My husband loves French toast - I will have to try this for him!

anna said...

YUM....I want some!! That looks so good. I'll have to try it out sometime!

Kaitlin said...

It looks scrumptious!

Rebekah said...

yummy! French toast is my favorite sweet breakfast food, hands down :)

Cara said...

I made your chow mein chicken salad today--it was so great! I added some mandarin oranges and loved it!

Anonymous said...

I just had french toast for Breakfast this morning...It looks heavenly though!!!!!