Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chicken Breasts Topped With Mushrooms, Cheese, & Green Onions.

Happy Sunday everyone! My Mom took some of us kids to spend the day snowboarding yesterday for the last time this season. It is sad to think we won't be going anymore until next season but waving winter goodbye beans saying hello to warm weather. And I know, next winter will be upon us before I know it. I am always amazed at the little 3-4 year olds that ski on the slopes, they do so well and look so cute so close to the ground. Falling wouldn't hurt for them as nearly as much as it does for me. Being taller than them has made me pay by the big bruises I have gotten from falling snowboarding.

We saw Race To Witch Mountain on Friday and it was such an amazing film! I loved the whole thing. Lots of action and humor. No bad language either, which makes me happy. I love that Disney films keep that out of their movies. I personally think this is a great family movie, I can't wait to go see it again.

Absolutely delicious food makes me happy. Eating something delicious can all of a sudden make the whole day brighter. It is weird, and my brothers give me the "you are crazy look". This chicken is the best I have ever tasted. With mushrooms cooked in chicken broth, salt, and pepper and then spilled on top the chicken and sprinkled cheese and green onions on top of that....makes this one out-of-this-world recipe.
Baked Mushroom Chicken
Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup sliced green onions
DIRECTIONS:
Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.


----------------------
I am a huge Princess Diaries fan. I love love that movie. Anne Hathaway does a super job playing Mia Thermopolis and Maria from The Sound Of Music plays her grandmother. Her best friend Lilly is very entertaining and Lilly's brother Michael is my favorite. One of my favorite films.


Have a great Sunday and see you next with a little something fun!

18 comments:

arielle said...

Mmm that chicken looks amazing! I have to try it sometime..

Sara said...

This looks delicious, I love chicken with mushrooms. Glad you had a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

wow that does look good! I don't really like mushroom's though..

Anonymous said...

Looks really YUMMY!!!!!!!!!

Jodi said...

The chicken recipe looks delicious! I love mushrooms with chicken.

Julie Andrews is classic!

Rebekah said...

this recipe looks so good! i wish i could reach in and grab it!

happy sunday!

The Purple Carrot said...

Mushrooms and chicken ... YUM!! : )

I'm a huge fan of Princess Diaries, too!

Unknown said...

OOOH! This looks super yummy and so flavorful!

Stephanie said...

It looks fantastic! I'm with you, good food makes me happy too. :-)

Tori said...

Princess Diaries is one of our favorite movies! =)

Barbara Bakes said...

Glad to hear you liked Race to Witch Mountain. I think I'll take my boys. The chicken looks fabulous!

Pam said...

What a terrific chicken dish - I love the mushrooms.

Allie said...

I love the pictures of your chicken! I'm a huge fan of Princess Diaries, it's one of my favorites!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

This looks so yummy, I could the whole thing...well my eyes could!
I could watch Princess Diaries over and over; both of them, I just love Julie Andrews!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, your photos are fabulous! I love chicken, mushrooms, onions and cheese, so this recipe is right up my alley. I am going to try this with a mixture of crimini and shiitake mushrooms, yuumm!
- Brittany

Rebekah said...

looks delicious! I love green onions and mushrooms

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm 'shrooms and cheese. Always good. Great pics too!

J.L. Danger said...

looks good! Me and my husband love mushrooms!