Monday, March 30, 2009

1st Guest Blogger.


Hi everyone! One of my favorite bloggers, Jessica over at Turkey Cookies is my guest blogger today. Thank you Jessica for helping me out!

I'm flattered to be hanging out in Priscilla's kitchen today. She always makes the most delicious goodies which become quick favorites in my house. I love to bake most anything but I have a particular weakness for cookies. Baking is my stress relief and there is no better way I would rather spend a weekend day than in the kitchen with some flour, butter, and sugar. I thought long and hard about what recipe to share here. Priscilla really does make some yummy treats and I wanted to share something just as tasty. On the most lovely spring day so far this year I thought meringues! Both are cookies that just scream springtime to me and are a nice break from the variations of chocolate chip cookies that I often make.
Meringues
INGREDIENTS:
4 egg whites, room temperature
1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp instant coffee
1 1/2 tsp cocoa powder (or hot chocolate powder)
1 cup sugar
DIRECTIONS:
Whip the the first three ingredients together with an electric mixer on medium high speed until they increase in size and become frothy. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Mix the instant coffee and cocoa powder together with the vanilla in a small bowl until dissolved. Slowly add the sugar into the egg white mixture and mix on high speed until the mixture forms stiff peaks. Add the coffee/cocoa/vanilla mixture until just combined. Put the mixture into a pastry bag (or ziploc bag with the end cut off, like me) and make small thumb-sized meringues about an inch apart. Bake in the oven for twenty minutes, rotate the pans, and bake another 10-20 minutes or until the meringues appear dry. Then let them cool in the oven until they are crispy for 30 to 40 minutes.
You really cannot eat just one of these meringues. Thanks for sharing your space with me today, Priscilla. I really enjoyed the chance to share one of my favorite recipes with you!

Hope you all enjoyed this new something and see you shortly with another post soon. Have a super Monday!


Photobucket

10 comments:

Unknown said...

These sound super easy and delicious! :)

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

They looks so good and easy to make.

Tammy said...

Pricilla, Your new blog look is great!!!! May I ask, Jessica, does the salt need to be kosher? If so, what will happen if you use regular salt?? THanks!

Pam said...

They look tasty - I've never made meringues before.

Love the new look of your blog!

Meghan said...

I don't think I've ever even tasted a meringue cookie, but I keep hearing how delicious they are. Will try this recipe!

anna said...

MMMMMMM!

The Duo Dishes said...

Great layout! So professional. And meringue cookies are good no matter when.

Alexis said...

Hi Priscilla,
I followed Jessica here, and I'm glad I did. You have a lovely blog!

Anonymous said...

sounds great. this may sound pathetic but...I cooked over spring break!!!! I made homemade pizza.!

Lauren ANn

Leslie M. said...

I ADORE meringue cookies and when I make them, I add the mini chocolate chips!!
YES, guest Bloggers are Fun!!!!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/